Members and subcommittees
This Council is ongoing, with some membership turnover annually.
The work will be carried out by the members and supported through the following subcommittees; the number and purpose of subcommittees may be adjusted according to the work of the Council.
- Piero Chacon, Registrar
- Amanda Pickett, GECD
- Halley Kamerkar, PKG Center
- Sharon Bridburg, OVC HQ
- DiOnetta Jones Crayton, OME
Promotes the work of OVC-CDEI through a variety of channels within the Institute and raises awareness of opportunities to strengthen OVC’s practice of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Julia Davis, Admissions
- Kate Weishaar, OVC
- Tom Scahill, Registrar
Plans and implements diversity-related events for the OVC organization as well as the OVC-CDEI.
- Linda Rabieh, Concourse
- Fatima Smith, OME
- Ameer Phillips, Admissions
Provides tools and training to build competency and skills on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tavi Sookhoo, GECD
- Libby Hsu, D-Lab
- Terre Dilworth, OVC Desktop
Helps the OVC to refine monitoring and evaluation practices that track progress and enable data-driven decisions for the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion; may conduct data collection and analysis as needed.
- Philip Caudillo, Registrar
- Alex Roy, SFS
- Ari Epstein, Terrascope
Responsibilities and Expectations
Members are expected to:
- Attend meetings on a regular basis, participate in a subcommittee, and actively engage in their own personal development.
- Share their own learnings and resources with each other to foster our development as a group.
- Be advocates, mentors, and models for colleagues and leaders.
- Annual end-of year summary of activities. Subcommittees will send reports to committee chairs, who will create an overall summary
- The CDEI will organize events each year that support diversity, equity, and inclusion; see “Professional Development” and “Programming” subcommittees above.
Each subcommittee is responsible for generating a budget proposal each spring for the following fiscal year, to be submitted to the CDEI co-chairs. The Co-chairs will shepherd the council budget throughout the year.