Each fall at MIT typically starts with a major recruiting event: the Fall Career Fair. This year, the student-run Fall Career Series Committee is collaborating with Career Advising & Professional Development to host a Fall Career Fair Series of six virtual, industry-themed fairs in September and October. The fairs are open to undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, and recent alumni. Registration opened on September 2 and details were shared with all students via a Fall Career Fair Series email. All fairs will be held from 10am – 3pm ET and hosted on the Brazen career fair platform. Due to demand, the Hardware, Robotics, Software Fair will offer a second session from 3pm – 8pm ET.
- Government, Non-Profit, and Social Impact, Friday, September 25
- Consulting, Data Analytics, Finance, Investment and Trading, Thursday, October 1
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, and Sciences, Tuesday, October 6
- Hardware, Robotics, and Software, Thursday (2 sessions), October 8, 10 am-3 pm session and 3 – 8 pm session
- Chemical, Manufacturing, Materials, Supply Chain, and Sustainability, Wednesday, October 21
- Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Transportation, Thursday, October 22
Prior to the start of the fair series, Career Exploration Week (CEW) (September 21-25) will offer industry/alumni panels, workshops, and networking events to help students explore potential career pathways and prepare for the fairs. This includes exploring careers in industry and academia as well as considering the option of graduate school. Targeted events for first-year students connect courses of study with career pathways and provide tips for connecting with potential employers.
— David Kovacs, CAPD