The Office of the First Year is pleased to announce faculty and students who have made outstanding contributions to advising this year.
- Creative Advising Activity Award: Prof. Alan Oppenheim, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Outstanding Rookie Advisor Award: Prof. Andrew Babbin, Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
- Outstanding Veteran Advisor Award: Prof. William Minicozzi, Mathematics
- Alan J. Lazarus (1953) Excellence in Advising Award: Prof. Lorna J. Gibson, Materials Science and Engineering
- Excellence in Mentoring Award: Prof. Martin A. Schmidt, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Student Champion Award: Elizabeth Vogel Taylor, PhD, Chemistry
- Innovative Seminar Award: Prof. Yufei Zhao, Mathematics
Every month, OFY honors an associate advisor who has been recognized for excellence in supporting first year students and their advisors. This spring’s recipients include:
- March: Daniel Gonzalez, junior in Courses 6-2 aand 15-2
- April: Anthony Kriezis, sophomore in Courses 2 OE and 14-1
- May: Christina Ji, senior in Course 6-3
Finally, one associate advisor is chosen each year for their outstanding commitment and dedication:
- 2018-19 Outstanding Advisor Award: Katie O’Nell, senior in Course 9
Congratulations to all, and thank you for your service!
— Leslie Bottari, Office of the First Year