This spring marks the launch of a new career initiative for MIT: the development of Career Communities.
Career Communities offer MIT students a way to learn more about certain industries, connect with others who share their interests, and stay informed about news, meetups and other events. The initiative joins the Infinite Careers Alumni Speaker Series as a new way to bring visibility to a variety of career paths and provide resources for students interested in pursuing opportunities outside of tech, finance, and consulting.
Each community has a web page of regularly updated information about interdisciplinary areas of work. The three active communities are:
- Data Science & Data Analytics
- Global Health, Public Health and Healthcare
- Social Impact Careers (Government, Nonprofit, Think Tanks, etc.)
Two additional communities are in development:
- Communication, Arts, & Entertainment
- International Development & International Relations
Students can join a community and receive occasional updates by signing up in the subscriptions section of their profile summary in CareerBridge.
—Scott Murray, GECD